Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mommy Moment

We had a very eventful Sunday, including purchasing a mattress for Gabbie's big girl bed which will arrive in 2 weeks. She was excited all morning but it was time to unwind and get ready for naptime.

We sat down in her little bed one last time and read a few books together. To my surprise she said, "Gabbie do," and proceeded to read to me! I LOVED it! She read the story The Very Hungry Caterpillar. This is one we haven't read to her often but was her pick for today.

I have to say that considering that I hadn't read it first to her, she knew a lot of the words. Albeit, in Gabbie language, but the jist was there. Mommy/reading teacher was VERY proud! We She read it a few more times and then naptime had to commence(much to her dismay.)

Just a Mommy Moment that made me smile. :)


post signature

No comments: