Monday, November 12, 2012

Bookshelf

My friend Julie gifted us two of her kids' old bookshelves.  I decided to take one of them which was painted white with primary colored letters/numbers and repaint it to fit Kiernan's red, white, and blue bedroom theme.

First, I primed and painted all of the letters white again.


I then cut the cloth that I had picked out to fit each letter and number.   I adhered the cloth with modge podge.

After all of the letters dried, it was time to put the bookshelf together.


-----------Insert Hurricane Sandy-----------
Sooo, the project was put on hold for a bit.

It was finally a nice warm weekend and I decided to get this bookshelf finished.

I put all the shelving back together and covered the front of the letters/numbers with newspaper.
I then sprayed the bookshelf white, let it dry and then sprayed the whole thing with an acrylic finishing coat.

Ta da!
Kiernan's new bookshelf!


Can't wait to trade this one for his current bookshelf and hopefully eliminate the book obstacle course that he has created in his room.

No comments: