First up, Gabbie.
On the way home from school the other day, Gabbie was telling Jeff that she saw him in the front lobby as she went to class. He is in charge of the student government and their Valentine fundraiser was to sell lollipops called, Candy Grams.
Gabbie goes: Daddy, I saw you this morning. You were selling those kissy grams.
-----------------------------
Next up, Kiernan.
Now we get a number of quotes from him everyday. A few favorite standards:
"Now, I can't do it. I too little."
"It's scaaaary."
Insert clean up request: (Shaking his butt) "No Mommy, I dancing!"
With his arms folded under his head, snuggled in our bed with the blanket up to his chin. "Mommy/Daddy get me raisins and milk!" (Oh little prince, your wish is our command!)
Sitting quietly watching a tv show, out of nowhere...."OHBI#O(Q#R*UOLIJEF#)(RU#)((RU" Then back to silence.
Well the other day we met with our realtor to discuss future house hunting. Yes, the quest has begun. I forgot how much I hate any type of competitive searching (house hunting, car shopping, etc.)
Anywho, our realtor's name is Rob Heather. The kids kept asking who he was so I said, this is Mr. Rob.
Kiernan without skipping a beat: Mr. Robber???
Me: No Kiernan, Mr. Rob
Kiernan: No, Mr. Robber!
(Getting a good chuckle, we moved on and finished up our talk.)
A little later it was time for "Mr. Rob" to go. This time I tried for his last name in an attempt to get him to say one name correctly.
Me: Say goodbye to Mr. Heather.
Kiernan: No Mommy, it's Mr. Robber!
A few days later, we met up with Mr. Rob at a house.
Kiernan: It's Mr. Robber!!!!
------------------------------
And finally, I leave you with something a student said the other day. He is a special education student from another class and is pretty bright.
Child: Excuse me Mrs. Haynie. I do not see your recess balls.
Me: Oh, maybe my students forgot to bring them out today. Sorry.
Child: I was plotting to play with your balls today!
Chuckling inside, I watched the child skip off to play.
No comments:
Post a Comment