Thursday, February 12, 2009

Poor Gabbie Goo

My AP had recently asked how Gabbie had been and if she had been sick much. I answered, with gratefulness in my voice, "no" and then knocked on wood(of course.) Well those cafeteria tables must not be made of real wood because that evening Gabbie got hit with the stomach bug. She really hasn't been sick since the spring, which is amazing. She was sick every other week (or at least it seemed like it) during her first year.

Poor thing didn't really know what was going on. She was fine all yesterday but then went to bed and got hit with it again. She slept on the floor(in a cozy makeshift bed mind you) last night.

It brought me back to the days when I would sleep on the floor next to my mom's bed. We usually set up Camp Boyle in the summer since she had the only air conditioner upstairs and there were some pretty humid nights. It was always so much fun, although I don't think my makeshift bed was as nice as Gabbie's!
Sadly, this camp out wasn't for fun. Poor Gabbie Goo. However, I know there will be fun ones in our future.

No comments: