Friday, August 7, 2009

Potty Training: Day 4

We began the potty training adventures Tuesday. This is a whole new world for me. I have worked with Gabbie's age group for years, but never needed to potty train them.

We tried the bottomless approach, which worked great. She knows when she needs to go and runs right to the potty. I then tried out the training pants in between on the last 2 days to see if she could tell that she needs to go when something is on. No go. I am probably going to put "big girl pants" on instead so if she goes she realizes very quickly that shouldn't happen.

I am proud that she is doing great with nothing on. However, I am not sure if I will be proud taking her in public this way since it's the only way she will use the potty right now. I don't think others might appreciate this method.

I'm sure she will catch on, and I have to say the resistance has lessened the last day or so. M&Ms have also been a great incentive and I am going to add in a sticker chart too.

My favorite part of training? When Gabbie does go, she stands leaps up with this elated smile on her face screaming, "I DID IT!!!" She is so proud and so cute. :)

post signature

No comments: