Sunday, June 6, 2010

Last night we celebrated my birthday by attending (savor) for the second year in a row. The craft beer festival does a wonderful job pairing foods with the wide variety of beer out there. 70 brewers from across the country came and we had a chance to meet and talk to each. Now that we brew our own beer, (savor) is so much more interesting.

Along with meeting the main brewers, you can also purchase separate salons where you have a chance to meet with a particular brewer or two. We attended "Tasting Menu: A food and beer experience."
Chef Kyle Bailey of Birch & Barley prepared a 4 course tasting menu and Greg Engert explained the 4 rare beers from across the country that were paired with it. As a foodie, I just had to share some pictures.

This is the first pairing. It was a Saison paired with grape tomatoes and basil, a balsamic reduction and a mozarella and ricotta cheese blend.

This was a darker stout paired with brie and a sweet walnut mixture on a crostini.


I ate the other 2 course in the tasting so fast I forgot to take a picture.

This was a pairing from the main event. It is jerk chicken on cheesy grits.
It was paired with Blue Points' "RastafaRye," Sweetwater's "SweetWater IPA," and Dogfish Heads' "Bitches Brew." All fantastic beers and brewers.

Here is a rare picture.
Jeff and I dressed and not stressed!


My friend Kym and her future husband(if she divorces her first husband), Sam Calagione, of Dogfish Head Brewery.

The venue: National Building Museum

And finally, with all of this beer talk, I had to show you the batch of Witbier we brewed a few weeks ago. We will probably bottle it in a few days. It will be ready to drink in about 2 weeks.
I love (savor) and craft beer!
post signature

No comments: