It all started at 5 a.m. Yup, that's right, I said 5 a.m. My silly hope for the kids sleeping in on a Saturday was squashed bright and early. Jeff had already left for practice and wouldn't be back until 9:30. So what to do?
After a nice bottle and some baby food, Kiernan set off to roll around and explore on the floor. Gabbie was content playing with him and making him giggle. I set her up with breakfast while I looked at the Sunday ads and Kiernan proceeded to crumple the ones I was finished with.
We transitioned from one peaceful activity to another all morning. I couldn't believe that there was no crying, whining, or complaining. At one point, I was laying on the couch surveying the scene. Gabbie was on my laptop playing with one of her preschool games. Kiernan was rolling around and slithering while trying to find anything he could shove into his mouth. They did this for at least 20 minutes. I actually got to sit back and enjoy my children without playing the Mommy role for a bit.
The first part of our morning ended with one more bottle for K and then his mid-morning nap(which won't be too long mind you), some Mickey Mouse Club for Gabbie, and a laptop and warm, cozy bed for Mommy.
Not too bad for a Saturday morning!

No comments:
Post a Comment