Monday, November 14, 2011

Kiernan - the source of my new grey hairs.

Kiernan has begun a new phase in tantrum land.  I witnessed the first of this full on kicking, screaming, crying, snot running, flailing, falling down meltdowns on Thursday. 
Well, it reared it's ugly head again on Saturday right before naptime. 

In the midst of his meltdown, we decided to put him in his crib so he could cry the rest out.  As we were resting and trying our best to ignore the mayhem coming from his room, we heard his cries get unusually louder.  We open our bedroom door to find Kiernan laying on the floor outside of our room.  Turns out tantrums give Kiernan that last bit of motivation needed to learn how to get out of his crib.

Curiosity got the best of me, so I went ahead and placed my screaming disgruntled child back in the crib and then closed the door so I could peak through the crack.  Sure enough, that little leg went right over the railing and he scaled down the side of the crib.  
Not sure which one we should worry about more at this point...the crazy tantrums or the fact that we have a jailbird on our hands.

I guess we'll wait and see which one wins out.
Finally, I leave you with the other side of our Jekyll and Hyde.  This is the one that negates all other crazy things he does.  It's the "Kiernan can amuse himself with anything he finds" side and we love watching it.

No comments: