Saturday, November 5, 2011

Proud of My Creation

After Gabbie chose her costume for Halloween this year, we tried to figure out what Kiernan should be.  Upon seeing the Thor hammer in the store, we knew we found what we were looking for.  I knew I would need to make the rest of his costume since he was too little for the store bought kind, plus I had a feeling he wasn't going to be too cooperative in modeling it.
My hunch was right...
The costume lasted about 30 seconds.
Just long enough for me to take 2 pictures of him.

Since I was not able to get more pictures of my creation, I decided to at least share how I made it since I was pretty proud of my first semi-homemade costume.

Here it is:
The Thor Hammer was $10.  I could have probably made one, but we loved the real one too much.

I then fashioned Thor's helmet from one of the kid's dress up fire hats, some cardboard, and tin foil.

I found his chest plate at the dollar store. (SCORE!)
The cape came from reused cloth I had in my classroom.
I added velcro strips to the top of both.


Put it all together and Voila!
 You have one cool Thor costume and one extremely happy kid!

No comments: