For the first 10 minutes, I had two perfect angels that looked like this.
I was such a proud little mommy, seeing them reading and playing quietly. Did I mention I LOVE going to the library? There is just something about that place that is so peaceful.
Well, as my angels were reading, I was able to get Gabbie her first library card.
Ta Da!
She was SO excited to be able to pick out her very own books. While she set off to find the ones she wanted to take home, all hell was breaking loose with the other one.
Sadly, I don't have a picture to share of my little love tearing books off the shelf, taking off the card catalog labels, screaming up and down the aisles, climbing shelves, banging on the card catalog computer, and using books as trucks across the floor because I was busy trying to end each activity before we were kicked out. He also wanted nothing to do with sitting down and listening to stories with me. Where did this child come from?
Anyway, Gabbie quickly chose her books and proudly checked them out with her new card. We were then out of there as quickly as the Haynie tornado arrived.
I don't believe we will be inviting Kiernan along with us the next time we go.



No comments:
Post a Comment