So I tried the unthinkable....I scheduled both of their check up appointments back to back. I figured why not kill two birds with one stone since they fell on the same week. Actually, it went pretty well. The only hairy moment was when Gabbie started squating in the waiting room with her panicked "I HAVE TO PEE NOW!" look on her face. In my emergency bathroom mode, I left Kiernan in the waiting room alone. Yes, I know mother of the year right here! However, no one was in the office and the ladies at the front desk had no problem keeping an eye on him.
Oh and another great moment? Gabbie was asked to pee in a cup. How do you hold a 3 year old over a large toilet and collect a urine sample at the same time? I don't know but somehow she and I achieved that feet.
As for the checkups:
Gabbie: Has gone from 75-90th percentiles to 50th percentiles across the board. She has definitely grown but weighs exactly the same as her 2 year old check up! This finicky eater is going to be the end of me.
Kiernan: Has gained a pound since his 2 day check up and is now 8lbs. 2 oz. He is in the 50th percentiles as well. His jaundice is gone and was given a good bill of health overall. He goes back for another check up in 4 weeks.
No shots needed for either so it was an easy exit.

No comments:
Post a Comment