Kiernan Jeffrey Haynie was born on March 29, 2010 at 10:47 p.m. He was 7 lbs. 7 oz. and 20 1/2 inches long. (I guess I didn't have a giant baby after all!) Here is his story...
We went in for our OB appointment after waiting all weekend for "something to happen." After speaking with the doctor she hooked me up to the monitors and saw that I was having decent contractions. Since I was 38 weeks, 3 cm dilated and my blood pressure was still elevated, she decided there was no reason to wait anymore. Off to Labor and Delivery we went for the fourth time this pregnancy. Thankfully this was it!
We got there around 9:30 am. They were pretty busy and since we weren't "pressing," they didn't hook up my IV until about 1 o'clock. We then waited another hour before my pitocin was started. After that it was the routine "lay and wait" until I progressed.
I started to feel the contractions get stronger and said, "Epidural please!" Once it was in, I still could feel the contractions. Turns out my epidural didn't work fully and I felt every contraction I had. Luckily it did work where it needed to work though. :)
At around 9 pm I was pretty much fully dilated. However, there was another woman ahead of me that she had to deliver first. Since I was doing ok, she decided to have me wait until the other was finished. At about 10:15 pm she popped her head in and said, "You're up!" I started pushing at about 10:35. This time it wasn't the nurse I shocked with how quickly he was coming, it was the doctor. With the first push, she realized this wasn't going to be a long one and got everything REALLY ready. 11 minutes later he was out!
I think the biggest surprise Jeff and I had was the fact that Kiernan never really cried. He wimpered and did a few cries but that was about it. He was even calm throughout the whole cleaning process.
I know it has only been about 3 days since he was born, but I am shocked at how quiet he is. He only cries when he is truly upset, which isn't that often. We'll see if that continues, but for right now it is refreshing compared to our very colicky first!
As for our first child, she welcomed Kiernan with open arms, literally. We are convinced that she thinks she is also the mommy to Kiernan and must help with all feedings and holdings. God bless her and how helpful she is though. It will come in real handy when we need it.
Welcome Little Kiernan.
You have now made our family complete!
Our Beautiful Children
2 comments:
So happy for your little family! I'll bet he continue to be a quiet and happy little guy. Congratulations!!!
Congratulations on your new addition to the family! I'm so happy for you all. I wish little Kiernan nothing but health and happiness.
Love,
Jenny
Post a Comment