We did schedule her adenoidectomy and ear tube procedure for Labor Day weekend. She goes in that Friday and recovery will be about 3 days.
The doctor says both procedures combined will take 30 minutes. She will have to be put under for it. I'm personally not worried because I know this is a routine procedure. I do worry about what a three year old's reaction will be to a giant mask being put on her, her going to sleep, and then waking up with pain in her throat while laying in a strange room. They will allow me to be by her side when she goes to sleep and wakes up so hopefully that will minimize the confusion.
Her first day of preschool is that Tuesday, so I hope she is better by then. I was told that her breath is going to REEK after the procedure as everything heals. The poor preschoolers and teachers! Oh yeah and poor us. :)
On the very positive side, I am curious to see how much her breathing, hearing, and speech will improve due to all of this. No more, "Eh?," after everything we say.

No comments:
Post a Comment