Top Chef is definitely one of these. I have watched Top Chef since the first season. As each season has passed, I have a few choice favorites. Carla Hall ranks right at the top.
When I received a Groupon over the summer offering a cooking class with her, I didn't even think twice before purchasing it. I just had the class last night and words can't even describe the fun I had.
Carla demonstrated 5 courses for us and had a wine paired with each one. As she cooked, she shared tips, ideas, and funny stories. The sommelier then discussed the wines paired for each dish.
Our Menu:
Pumpkin Bisque
with Sage and Gruyere Cheese
Don Benigno Sherry
Wild Mushroom Lasagna
with Shitake Bechemel and Basil Gremolata
Oak Grove Chardonnay
Braised Pork Belly
with Mixed Hearty Greens and Brussel Sprout Leaves
D'Autrefois Pinot Noir
Banana Pudding
with Pecan Shortbread
Offley Ruby Porto
The best part?
She gave us the recipes for each course! The only one she didn't share was her lasagna because that will be coming featured in her first cookbook.
I don't know if it is possible, but I love her even more than I did before!!!

1 comment:
I'm so jealous you have no idea. I am obsessed with cooking shows and loved Carla and her cooking with love on that season. I'm so excited to watch her on the new version coming out this month!!!
CAN YOU PUHLEASE share the pumpkin bisque recipe with me??? We've been searching everywhere for a tasty pumpkin soup recipe!
Post a Comment