Kiernan:
- Is 7 1/2 months now and still growing away.
- Hair is getting a little long. I would like to cut it, but I'm not sure if I am ready. However, it isn't like he is a girl and I can just let it grow out like I did with Gabbie. I'm not sure he would appreciate the pom pom doo as much as Gabbie did. :) I guess a trim is in order.
- Continues to get up on all fours and I am waiting for the day he finally figures out that is a quicker mode of transportation compared to his slither.
- Sits up nicely. It almost looks like he can get up from laying down, but still isn't there yet.
- Has no teeth yet.
- Is finally accepting baby food, but isn't a chow hound like Gabbie.
- Is sleeping through the night, kind of. He now wakes around 3 or 4 and sometimes even 5/5:30!
- Is getting into EVERYTHING, we have to babyproof so much more than we did with Gabbie and this house is harder to do it to since we are so cramped and cluttered. Just when we think the room is set for him, he finds some random thing that he has to put into his mouth immediately.
- Continues to be such a happy kid. You wake him up in the morning and it is all smiles. The only time he cries is when he is tired or hungry. Otherwise he'll just play and play on his own.
Gabbie
- LOVES school. She comes home everyday with a new song, art project, or story to share.
- Is so helpful at home and loves doing it!
- Leads us in prayer at dinner and ALWAYS reminds us if we forget.
- Still has major meltdowns in the morning. She is NOT and I don't think ever will be a morning person.
- Speech is not really improving as much as we would like. When I hear other children her age, I realize how difficult it is to understand her. I often have to have her repeat words 4 or 5 times and sometimes still can't understand what she is saying. I believe a lot of it is how she learned to pronounce it because she couldn't hear it. We go for her post-op hearing test on Dec. 20(thanks insurance for making us wait 3 months!) and I will discuss with the ENT my concerns. Deb has also listened to her and she says she hears some hypernasality in her. If there are no other structural causes we my have to possibly entertain speech therapy. She says to wait until we talk to the ENT before worrying though. I just look forward to the day where she has less frustration when communicating with us.
- Is very good at directionality, which sometimes surprises me. She has known right from left since she was 2, thanks to our amazing daycare provider, Sara!
When driving, we'll pass a street and she says, "That's where such and such lives."(To me, I don't know how a 3 year old discerns between the streets in this neighborhood, they all look alike.)
Or we'll pass by our street(which she knows) headed in the direction of Kiernan's daycare, she'll say "We going to Sara's?" If I say no and keep driving by Sara's, she'll point straight and say, "That's the way to dancing class." Or point right and say "That's the way to the store."
Jeff and Gabbie were staring at cars one day. Gabbie: "Where are the cars going?" Jeff: "They are turning left." Gabbie pointing the other way: "And that way is right."
There are better examples, I just can't think of them right now. It's pretty neat to see that she gets stuff like that when some of my second graders still don't know left and right and I think adults still struggle with where they are going. ;)
- Loves playing with Kiernan. Now that he interacts back, it's even cuter to see. I can't wait for them to truly be able to play together.
- Is a freakishly good colorer. I know, that could just be the mom in me talking, but no, for real, she is really good at coloring. She has been doing that since she was at least 2 1/2. Everything is always in the lines and colored fully.
- Has a collection of letters she enjoys writing: G, E, H, I, O
- Throws up at the drop of a hat or shall I say the drop of spit up. Her gag reflex is pretty bad. The minute Kiernan spits up or is eating baby food, we have to usher her out before we have two messes to clean up.
- Identifies a bunch of environmental print. However her favorite one, besides "Old McDonalds," is Best Buy! That's our girl!
Ah, I feel better now that I have gotten this down. They have all been stuck in my head for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment