Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Blues Clues Experience

This little icon right here invokes a number of squeals and smiles from my younger one.  Besides trucks, buses, and anything that goes VROOOM, this is my son's number 1 thing.

The Blues Clues Experience usually begins with him walking into our bedroom excitedly or pathetically(depending on his mood) saying "Boos Coos, Boos Coos."  This is accompanied by his arms raised in the air while he repeatedly clenches his fists.  It is similar to the sign for "milk" but this is his sign for Blues Clues.

Once Blues Clues starts, he positions himself, gets his "gee gee" (blankie) ready and stares in awe as the Blues Clues theme song starts.  This is the ONLY time I get to see my son sit in one place for any period of time.

On to the show....
As it goes on, we get to his first favorite part, the song about how Blues Clues works. 

At this point he is on his knees flailing his arms back and forth as he "dances" to the song.  He sings key phrasses here and there.  He pretends to write in his imaginary notebook just like they do.  Then they sit down in their thinking chair to "think, think thiiiink."  This part he sings along perfectly with the song, including hand gestures.

With the song over, the show goes on.  He sits with his signature zombie face stare and watches the show.

Next favorite part comes up....the mail.  This song is another one where he is back on his knees flailing. 

I usually zone out to Blues Clues because I have seen all of the episodes from when Gabbie watched them.  However, since the last word of this particular song is emphasized, I am immediately brought back to attention because Kiernan screams the word "MAAIILLLLLLL!!!!"

The show finishes up and a satisfied Kiernan sits back for a moment to "reflect."  He then pops up, clenching his fists again and says, "Boos Coos?"  Sometimes he gets a second one and sometimes we need to head out so he only gets to watch one.  The latter is followed by a minor tantrum

This is the Blue Clues Experience. 

It is a passion I have never witnessed before.  The closest show Gabbie was obsessed with like this was Dora, but she never got "into" it the way he does.   I am trying to catch one of his full dancing escapades on video.  I will try to post one of them soon so you can see for yourself the joy Boos Coos brings to one young boy named Kiernan.

No comments: