Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pasta with Mama Mia

Despite the VERY long day with my cherubs at school, I had a craving for the homemade pasta that Jeff and I learned to make a few weeks ago.

Knowing Gabbie would be all for helping me, I got my mini chef ready and away we went.

In a bowl we added, 1 3/4 cup flour, 4 eggs and 2 TBS. olive oil. 

 I broke the yokes and began to swirl them together with my fingers.
 I added bits of flour a little at a time until I had the whole thing incorporated.

Gabbie was NOT having this part of the prep work. 
She kept saying "Ew, I'm not getting my fingers dirty!"

After everything was incorporated, it was slightly sticky and looked like this.


Next I floured the table and rolled the dough out.

Time to knead!
You'll know when the dough is ready if you put your finger in it and the dough bounces back.

Look who's finger decided to join us?!
All joking aside, Gabbie was such a good help getting me supplies and putting things away.

With the dough ready, we rolled it out until it was almost see-through.
We floured it well and then rolled it up.



I then cut the roll into 1/4" pieces. 
Gabbie helped by unraveling the pieces.



Finally after about 30 seconds in well salted water, the pasta was ready!
I threw on some of my homemade pasta sauce and meatballs and voila!


"Mommy, this is my favorite dinner EVER!"

Well, you're welcome!

No comments: