Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gabbie's New Fish(Take 2)

It was a rainy, gross day yesterday. It was also the first time in a long time that we had nothing to do on a Saturday. We decided to take Gabbie to the pet store to look at all of the cool creatures. Our other pet store mission was to get Gabbie some fish.
Gabbie loves the pet store. I have to admit that I do too. Her favorite part was the parakeet display. She was mesmorized by the birds flying around and attacking playing with each other. However, we were not about to bring a bird home, so she had to settle for fish. While hunting for a tank to buy, we scored this really cool Sesame Street fish tank on clearance. It was perfect.
Once home, my number one helper stood next to me on a chair and helped me put things in the tank. She also helped stir the gravel. This is not a crucial step in setting up a fish tank, but Gabbie felt it was.
After the fish were in, she sat there and watched them intently. Thankfully the tank comes with clamps to hold the top down so little fingers don't feed the fish Cheez-its, Kix, and other non-fish food items.





Note: For some reason, the original fish didn't make it through the night. We now have two new fish, which are doing well. Thankfully, Gabbie isn't old enough to realize the switcheroo yet because they are TOTALLY different looking fish. :)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Did the second round of fish make it??? I love the tank it's too cute. P.S. I hate crowds too, but this year for the consignment sale I volunteered so I could shop early with just the volunteers only about 50 people. It was much easier, although still a little overwhelming. You should come with me in the fall!!