I was just at my OB yesterday and she has released me from bed rest and my medication regime. Yay! She said I am at the point where if I go into labor, they won't stop me.She said everything looks good. My blood pressure has been awesome. The Gestational Diabetes and Pre-Eclampsia results came back and everything is fine. My belly is measuring around 34/35 weeks(I am almost 36) but Kiernan is actually measuring 37/38 weeks. His head is measuring 40 weeks. Yikes! Where he is in my belly I do not know. All I know is that he's definitely in there and makes it known often.
Then it was time to check me. I am 2 cm dilated right now and 70% effaced. She immediately said that I was not delivering on April 1. I wanted to go back to work next week and asked if I would at least make it through next week. She said I should be fine. The following week however is up in the air according to her. I am fine with that as long as I make it through a full week with the kids. It will be great to get back in to see them before I have the baby. It will also give me a chance to set up lesson plans for my maternity leave sub.
So much is still uncertain, but I am really excited this time. I think it is mostly since I know what to expect now and I definitely feel like a mom. Rather than the first time where it took a while to sink that Gabbie was ours and we were finally parents. Most of the time we were learning on the go. What a ride!
Another exciting thing is that I may actually go into true labor rather than induced labor. I'm not sure if that will be a good thing or a bad thing, but since Kiernan might be our last, it will be nice to have a slightly different birth experience.
Of course I will keep you posted on any new updates.
********************************
On another note, I can't believe I have been blogging for almost 3 1/2 years. I am so grateful that I started this around the time we were going through our pregnancy with Gabbie. I love that I have documented every thought and experience we had with her. Since their birthdays are pretty close, Gabbie's posts almost mirror where I am in this pregnancy.
Click HERE to see posts from March 2007 when we were waiting for Gabbie to arrive.

No comments:
Post a Comment