I figured I would post this before Baby Kiernan arrives just in case it slips my mind. :)This year, our family will be taking part in JDRF's Walk to Cure Diabetes for the 5th year in a row. This is along with one-half million other walkers across the country, as we try to reach our goal of raising $100 million.
Type 1, or juvenile, diabetes, is a devastating disease that affects millions of people, a large and growing percentage of them children.
Jeff has suffered from Type 1(Juvenile)Diabetes for over 13 years. Since knowing him, I have had a crash course on how to help him stay on top of it, but every day can be a struggle. I really can't explain the difficulties in words. You truly have to be in it's presence to realize the devastation it causes. Gabbie already knows that Daddy has his medicine. She knows what Daddy's glucometer looks like and brings it to him when she finds it places. We DO NOT keep any sort of needles around but the fact that we have to worry about that is an added stresser. We are slowly explaining to her why he does this, but she won't truly understand it until she is much older.
If it is hard for Jeff to handle as an adult, imagine how difficult it must be for young children to try to control this disease.
With each year, these donations are getting us one step closer to finding a cure. We hope you can help us once again. I know budgets are tight, but even $5 can help.
Thank you in advance for supporting us in this very meaningful cause!

No comments:
Post a Comment