Thursday, March 25, 2010

Labor and Delivery x3

Yesterday was the third day I have spent in Labor and Delivery for this pregnancy.

Trip 1: We all know that story. The preterm labor that began my lovely 6 week bed rest.

Trip 2: After a tough work day this past Tuesday, I thought something was off. I checked my blood pressure and it was a little high. I rested for about 2 hours, only to find out my BP was even higher. I started to record the readings. It remained too high for my liking so I called the doctor and she said to go straight to L&D. Of course when I got there my BP went down and it didn't spike once. My bloodwork came back fine and Jeff and I were sent home at midnight. (Thanks Deb J for staying over that night to watch Gabbie while we were in the hospital.)

Trip 3: I went to work on Wednesday and was doing much better. I continued to check my BP throughout the day and record it since I was going to the OB that day. At the doctor, Kiernan sounded good. I am still only 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced. The nurse didn't tell me what my BP was but said it was high. After the dr. checked me and I handed the her my home readings, she decided to send me to L&D again! Jeff dropped me off and then rushed to get Gabbie from daycare. She had spiked a fever while at daycare so he stayed home scrambling to figure out who could watch her.

I spent about 4 hours being monitored again and this time my BPs were on the high side. The doctor said that if I was 38 weeks she probably would have induced me that day. However, since I was 37 weeks 4 days and my bloodwork came back fine again, she didn't have a true reason to induce just yet. She said that I have to be on bedrest and stay home from work the next 2 days and come back in for another appt. on Friday to be checked. She also upped my BP meds to see if that would help hold me off. She said that I probably will be being induced earlier than April 1st though.

Deb thankfully watched Gabbie again after she finished work and canceled an appointment. Jeff made it to the hospital just in time for this info and my discharge. (You are a lifesaver Deb!!!!)

I hope to find out some definitive answers on Friday. This waiting game is torture! Hopefully my 4th trip to Labor and Delivery will yield the bundle of joy that is Kiernan Jeffrey Haynie!

post signature

No comments: