Monday, May 24, 2010

Random Thoughts

Notice the time of this post's creation? This early post is not due to Kiernan waking me up. That was 3 am. :) This is due to my overactive brain after watching the finale of LOST. I can't believe it has been six years since it began. LOST's run also marks how long Jeff and I have been together. Thankfully I know our run will last a lot longer!

As I lay here at 4:45 am, pondering the meaning of life, I was realizing that Kiernan will be 2 months this week. I still cannot believe how fast this has gone. A friend of mine posted the same thing on her blog and I couldn't agree more. Compared to Gabbie's first 2 months of life, I feel like I have blinked and here is this rapidly growing infant sleeping in the other room. I am doing my best to cling on to all the moments I can with him, but even in my attempts, I still feel it is going too quickly.

The other thing I was pondering, besides the meaning of life, was the fact that I am so content. This evening(or should I say yesterday evening) was the first time in a long time where we weren't totally sleep deprived. Kiernan, for once, slept in 3 hour chunks all day. Gabbie went to bed happily as we listened to her sing "Ba, Ba Black Sheep" over and over through the monitor until she fell asleep. Jeff and I had a chance to have a quiet evening watching TV, something that hasn't happened since before our little man arrived.

What more could you ask for in life? I mean, we may be struggling with money but we have a loving, happy, healthy family. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

----------------------------

You know the saying, "I spoke too soon." Well I just did. This post was interrupted by a 5 AM 'pee pee' break from our little princess, who is now wide awake. Oh and I just fed the little prince who is wide awake himself.

A fleeting, sappy moment, and then slapped right back into reality....

post signature

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Oh friend. If we could wave our money troubles away too our lives would be perfect I think! Besides being a little tired, right? Is Kiernan your last baby? That's why I'm so sappy because I know (Even though I'm exhausted) that I'll most likely never have a sweet newborn to cuddle again.