Thursday, April 21, 2011

He Said, She Said

He Said:

"Baaaaaa. Ya, ya, ya, ya" *spit* *sputter*
"Ga, ga, ga"
"Ahhhhhhhhh!"

She Said:
Sitting at the table talking one day:
Gabbie: Daddy is your husband.
Me: That's right and I am Daddy's wife.
Gabbie: You are married but you are still my Mommy and Daddy.
Me: Yes, and maybe someday you will get married.
Gabbie: I want to marry Kiernan when I get big.
Me: We usually don't marry our brothers and sisters. I didn't marry Uncle Ry Ry and Daddy isn't my brother.
Gabbie: But, why? I want to marry Kiernan. I love him. You and Daddy are married. We live in the same house. I want to marry Kiernan.
Me: Well if you still love Kiernan that much when you get older you can marry him.
Gabbie: Ok.

Discussing cousins one day:
Gabbie: Nicky is my cousin.
Jeff: That's right. Johnny is your cousin too. He is Nicky's brother.
Gabbie: Why?
Jeff: Because they are brothers so they are both your cousin.
Gabbie: Nicky is bigger than me? But not big like you.
Me: Yes, he is bigger than you but not big like us.
Gabbie: I love him so much. I'm going to see him on Easter! I'm going to give him a hug when I see him.

We then went on to discuss her other cousins. She asked us to review the names and relationships over and over.

On a different day, still on the cousin topic:
Gabbie(in a very whiney voice):  "I'm huuungryyyyy." (Immediately in a normal voice):   "I love my cousins."
Me:  ?

post signature

No comments: