Saturday, April 23, 2011

Insomnia

What better time to blog than when you are up at 3 a.m and you finally give in to the fact that you are not going back to sleep at 5 a.m.! 

I am not alone though.  I can hear Kiernan playing and bumping around in his crib.  I am not making a sound for fear that he will realize there is a party going on in a room where he isn't.

Today marks the last weekend before we go back to school. It is a sad time.  This has been such a relaxing week for us.  We sent the kids to preschool/daycare a few days and got a ton done around the house.  Oh and we actually had conversations at an average person's decibel.  It was a refreshing change from the ones where we are shouting over cries, screams, and whines.  If you have ever attempted a phone conversation with me, you definitely know what I mean.

Gabbie was home with us yesterday so we decided to dye our Easter eggs.  Dying eggs always brings me back to my youth.  What will really be surreal someday is watching Gabbie and Kiernan dye eggs together the way my brother, sister, and me did.

Her favorite part of dying was when I took a yellow egg and dropped it into the blue dye.  She looked at me like I had 5 heads. "What are you doing?" she asked in a 'Mom you are a lunatic' voice.

As soon as I pulled out a green egg, it was like I was the most amazing magician ever.  She then proceeded to change all of the eggs to different colors.  The other trick I performed was the wax crayon routine.  "Wow!" she said in amazement.





Jeff just popped up, looked at me like I had 5 heads and said, "What are you doing?"  (Why must everyone look at me like I am crazy.) 

I guess this is my cue to move to the living room with my laptop.  Wish me luck as I navigate through our squeeky hinged door and down the noisy floor board hallway without being caught by the detective in his crib.

post signature

No comments: