Gabbie had a wonderful first day. She was so excited to be back. The second day was a little rough however. It was the first time she realized that her friends from the Beaver class don't follow her to the Yellowbirds. Luckily two of her good friends are in her class so by day three she had adjusted nicely to the new group.
------------------------------------------------------------
Gabbie has been working non-stop when she is home. She closes the door to her room and will be in there for 30 minutes before we see her again.
One day she came out with a handwritten list of supplies she needed replenished:
glue sticks, plain paper, markers, and decorations(stickers)
After replenishing her supplies, she went back to work. I finally went in to see what she was working on and found one of her pieces:
The writing is what took me aback. It was the first time I saw Gabbie write real words not just our names.
Now this is pretty amazing in general, but I know she didn't do this on her own, considering my second graders can't spell these words. I asked her where she saw these. She said she copied it off of a card so now she has two cards.
I love seeing her "work." She wants to be big so badly.



No comments:
Post a Comment