Saturday, August 4, 2012

He Said, She Said

Gabbie:

Before bed one night, Gabbie and I were talking and she mentioned a dream she had.

Gabbie:  I had a silly dream the other night.
Me:  What was it?
Gabbie:  There was this giant and it squashed our house!
Me:  It did?  Did you get away?
Gabbie:  Yeah, me and the babysitter.
Me:  What about Kiernan?
Gabbie:  Well you were at the store and Kiernan was still in the house.  He got out right before the giant squashed the house.
Me:  What did you do next?
Gabbie:  We ran away fast and then went to the store where you were.  You know what else I did?
Me:   What?
Gabbie:  Well it was just a dream so I didn't really say it, so it's ok right?
Me:  What did you say?
Gabbie:  I called the giant a butthole. (giggling)
Me:  LOL (partially amused but also wondering where she heard the word "butthole" before)

-----------------------------------

Gabbie:  Mommy, what if we lived at Target? We could put a sign above Target that said, "Gabbie's Family Target."
Me:  (Intrigued by the idea)  That would be pretty cool.  Would everything in Target be free?
Gabbie:  Yes, because no one would work there.  It would only be for us so we could take what we want.

I like this girl's thinking!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kiernan:

Silence.....

I come closer to where he is and hear heavy breathing.

Me:  What are you doing Kiernan?
Kiernan:  No, I writing. (markers in hand writing all over a piece of paper and his hand)
Me:  Where did you get the markers?
Kiernan:  No Mommy, I writing.
Me:  Kiernan, we only write on paper not our hands and body.
Kiernan:  Oooooh  Kkkkkkkk

---------------------------

Me:  Time to clean up.
Kiernan:  No!  I playing choo choos!
Me:  No, it's time to clean up. 
Kiernan:  No!  I playing choo choos!
Me:  Kiernan if you don't start to clean up, you will have to sit in time out.
Kiernan:  No time out!
Me:  Yes time out.  1!  2!...
Kiernan:  Ooooh  Kkkkkkkkk (starts to clean up)
(Insert any other activity and this is the conversation we have often with this child.) :( 

No comments: