On Friday, we decided to take our beautiful princess down to the playground for a bit before dinner since it was so nice out. She had a blast. She was even brave enough to try out the sprial slide. As usual, she spent 3 hours in the swing as well. It was nearing dinner time and we needed to head home. Time to break it to Gabbie.
Visualize: Screeching, squealing, snot pouring out of her nose, reaching toward the playground, drooling, kicking, flailing, shaking, going limp, more snot out her nose, sobbing, whining, screaming, more flailing...you get the idea.
You would think we were kidnapping this poor thing. If it weren't for our calm demeaner as we left the playground and walked down the street, I think the swarms of families stopping and staring at us would think we actually were stealing her.
As we walked back, we had to tag team her because the other was getting beat up by the lightweight boxing champ in their arms. It wasn't until the bottom of our street that Gabbie finally said, "Ma ma" in her sobbing, snot nosed, pathetic cry. I took hold of her, she finally accepted her blankie AND...silence. I then had to walk up hill with a 30 pound child in my arms. I wasn't about to even tempt putting her down and begin this all over again.
My mom called about 10 minutes later. Gabbie was sitting next to me watching her "Ellie dog"(Blues Clues) singing and talking in such a sweet voice. My mom remarked, "Oh she's so cute." This is when I rehashed the whole fiasco from 10 minutes prior. All my mom could do was laugh. I mean, who doesn't love a bipolar toddler?! Too cute....right.

No comments:
Post a Comment