Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Backseat Driver?

I must talk a lot when I drive because Little BIG ears seemed to have a lot to say tonight.

Driving to swim lessons tonight, sitting in traffic:

Gabbie:  "Go cars!"
Me:  "We can't go Gabbie, the cars aren't moving.  If I drive, I will crash into that car."
Gabbie:  "Why aren't they going?"
Me:  "We are stuck in traffic.  We'll move in a second."

The cars inch up a bit.

Gabbie:  "Go cars, I need to see the light."

We were still around the corner from the traffic light.
We finally inch up to the light and it turns green.

Gabbie: "Go! Go! Go! Go!"
Me:  "I can't go Gabbie, the cars are in the way."
Gabbie:  "I'm not talking to you, I am talking to the cars.  Go cars, go!"

We finally get to the last traffic light before the pool.

Gabbie:  "Why isn't it green?"
Me:  "We just missed the light Gabs.  It will turn green in a bit."

The light finally changes and we make it through the light.

Gabbie:  "Go, go, go, go.  Yay Mommy, we made it!"

I'm thinking that the back middle of the car is not the best spot for this very verbal backseat driver.
-----------------------------------------------------
On another note, I called and made an appt. for Kiernan since it had been 2 weeks since his last ear infection so we could discuss what we want to do about his ears. 

I show up at his daycare and our provider tells us that she suspects he might have an ear infection. 

I call the doctor back up to cancel the appt. I just made and make an emergency one for tonight.

Turns out Special K has ear infection #3 for the season and his ears are clogged once again with tons of wax.  Poor little guy.  We go back in two weeks after the antibiotics to see how it is going.  I have this feeling that ear tubes are in the near future for him.

post signature

No comments: