Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One Year

Really?  It has really been 365 days? 

I cannot believe Kiernan is one.  I tried my best, but just couldn't find a way to slow down time.

As I write this, I think back to what I was doing at this exact moment one year ago.  At this moment, the nurse was checking my stats as I lay on my left side to keep my blood pressure down.  The pitocin was at full blast, I was dialating nicely, but nausea was starting to set in and I couldn't find a comfortable position.  My epidural was not working fully and I felt every contraction from the hips up for the duration.

However, in about 2 hours out popped a beautiful and extremely quiet little boy.  He barely cried as they cleaned him and handed him over to us.  I can still remember the calm in the delivery room as everyone was being attended to.  It was such a different experience from our first, but something I will never forget.

And now, one year later, here we are.  We couldn't have asked for a better addition to our little family. 


Kiernan, you truly complete us.  Happy Birthday little man! 
We cannot wait to see how much more fun you have in store for us. :)

 post signature

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I'm in denial that my baby is almost one! I hope your lil guy had a great day. We are so excited for the party!