I have achieved an unbelievable feat! I have lost 15 pounds which has put me at a weight that I haven't been in 6 years!!!! Woo hoo. I am so excited that this happened just shy of my little guy's first birthday.
------------------------------------------------------
Recipe this week:
Haynie's Nachos (A family favorite)
1 lb. of ground beef or turkey
1 packet of taco seasoning
(Or homemade: Mix of chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried onions, salt, and pepper)
At least one package of shredded cheddar(We usually use 2)
Can of corn drained
Hot Sauce
(Optional: Other items that would go on nachos but my family refuses to eat.)
Cook the meat and add the seasoning. Add in hot sauce to taste. I usually add corn in when the meat is almost finished.
In a greased casserole, layer the ingredients like you would a lasagna (chips, meat, cheese). I usually make 2 layers. Bake until cheese is melted.
Voila! A Haynie staple in our house. I am able to get meat, dairy and vegetables in Gabbie in this one dish. Thank goodness I have this recipe in my back pocket. I have been known to sneak a few other things in there as well. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment