So for those of you that know me, you may know that I have a slight tendency to become obsessed with things. Whether it's a movie, hobby, person, food...I give it my all!My recent obsession has been the Twilight series. I am obsessed with the books and have read all four of them this past week. These are 600+ page books mind you. I seriously haven't enjoyed a whole book series this much in a long time. Jeff has laughed at me because I have stayed up until 4 in the morning at least twice finishing two of the books.
This obsession got me obsessing thinking. If you are like me, what would your top 5 obsessions be? (other than immediate family and friends of course)
Here are my top ones, although I have many more:
1. Food TV Shows: This one has been an obsession of mine since I was about 13. I have learned so much through watching them. I have Food Network on basically all day. Oddly enough, I am not hungry when watching FN.
2. Blogging/Photoshop/Web Design/Movie Making(each of these could totally be their own number, but I am cheating here): I am a huge techno dork. I love going on the web and teaching myself how to do things. Jeff and I always joked that we fell in love because of our obsession with Best Buy. In the future, if I'm able to, I would love to go back and try to get a Masters in Technology.
3. Cake Decorating: A new one for me and it has been so enjoyable. I have always loved baking so I took to this one quickly. I really love trying out all the different techniques.
4. Eating: Yes that's right, this is an obsession many of you may not be familiar with. It's where you love all food and can't get enough of it....Ok...maybe some of you may join me on this one. I love all kinds of food. I have tried very hard to balance this so I can continue my obsession without killing myself. It can be difficult, but I am never giving this one up! No diets for me. :) I like to call it "eating within reason."
5. Jon & Kate Plus 8: Not one of my proudest obsessions and it has moved down on my list since recent developments. But ask me months ago and it would have been right near the top. My main draw used to be the dynamics of the family. Everyone's personalities were so different and there was so much love. Sadly, the reasons I used to love this show have changed drastically. I am not sure if I would call myself a fan anymore because I don't support watching a family go through turmoil. It hits too close to home. It's still on my list because I am rooting for them. I hope that Jon and Kate can find a happy medium with their divorce so the children don't have to deal with what so many in America do on top of being in the limelight.
There you have it. Some of my many obsessions. Most tend to come and go but these are my tried and true.
So I ask you this, do you join me with obsessing? If so, what are they?

No comments:
Post a Comment