Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Good morning and Happy 4th of July!

It is a very quiet 7:30 a.m. here. Gabbie had a temp. of 103 yesterday and by the afternoon, after a 4 hour nap, she seemed to be doing much better. However, she didn't go to sleep until 9 last night so I am letting her sleep in. Jeff is at a swim meet, my mom is resting in her room, and Grandpa is asleep. That leaves Ellie(our dog), Remy(my mom's dog), and me to be at peace on the couch.

We had a great day yesterday. Besides spending time with "Grandma" and "Grandpa," our friends came over to teach us how to brew beer. We officially have our first batch of Summer Ale brewing in our basement. It will be another 2 or 3 weeks of fermenting. Then we need to bottle them. After that, it's another 2 weeks or so and we can actually try it. It was such a fun process and I think Jeff is hooked. Happy Father's Day again Jeff!

We have family and friends coming over later for a barbecue and then fireworks tonight. I don't know how we always luck out but the town fireworks show is always right in front of our house! Oh and in celebration of the 4th, I made a Jello "poke" cake(DELICIOUS!) and a chocolate layer cake with homemade buttercream and mashmallow fondant. This was my first time working with fondant and I was pretty excited. I will be sure to post pictures of my two cakes as well as the other party fun later.

Happy 4th of July!

I hope you all have wonderful weather and a great day!!!!

post signature

No comments: