Monday, February 8, 2010

Blizzare

I am sick of talking about snow. I am sick of blogging about snow. I am sick of seeing snow!
But alas, I cannot avoid it.

Blizzare part deux is hitting us tomorrow afternoon and will last until Wednesday. Right now we are expecting anywhere from 10-20 inches. On top of the snow we have, I predict that Jeff and our county will be out of school the rest of the week. Loudoun County(our neighboring county) already called it for the rest of the week. I just can't believe we are getting hit again. Thank goodness it isn't the magnitude of the one just days ago.

We actually ventured out today to go to my check-up appointment. The main roads weren't too bad, but side streets and schools weren't even plowed. One neighborhood created a sign and posted it on the main road: "STRANDED For God's Sake Plow Our Street!" Power was lost in many areas as well. We have been very fortunate and haven't had either issue. My biggest fear is losing power/heat and I pray we can make it through the next storm as well.

On to a different topic, my OB appointment.
Everything is looking good, including my BP. I am still to continue my Terbutaline every four hours for the next 2 weeks. My contractions have diminished to only a few a day instead of a few an hour which is good. I am still completely closed and am showing no signs of preterm labor. I have come to terms with my bedrest. I know deep down that bedrest is what is keeping my contractions at bay.

My doctor did set my induction date. Since the beginning, they didn't want me going past 39 weeks due to my last pregnancy's complications. She is going to set my induction date for April 2nd or 3rd putting me about 3 days before Gabbie's birthday. This is only if Kiernan doesn't decide to make his debut sooner.

post signature

No comments: