I had my OB appointment yesterday. Since Kiernan is so big, I took that darn glucose screening again for Gestational Diabetes. I will find out in 2 days or so if I may have to go for the 3 hour screening. My OB says from the look of my old results she is doubting I have it. She says I may just make big babies. But she agreed it is good we are double checking, better safe than sorry.
My blood pressure was a little high but nothing like my last pregnancy. I have to do the oh so fun 24 hour urine collection to check for Pre-eclampsia. At this point last pregnancy I had already done about 4 or 5, so I guess I can't complain too much since this is only the first one. I really don't think I am headed down the Pre-E path this time which is good.
I talked to her about the Terbutaline and she said I can cut back to taking it every 6 hours instead of 4. She also said I can try to get up a bit more to see how things go since my contractions are down to about 2 or 3 a day. She then said that if things go well, she may lift my bedrest around 35 or 36 weeks. She said we would know more in about 2 weeks so I will keep you posted.
All in all it was a good visit. It's just another "wait and see" kind of pregnancy for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment