I often wonder where my student's minds wander when we are working in class.
The other day I think one of my students wasn't even out in left field. He must have been sitting in traffic or was still trying to find a parking spot in the farthest lot.
Scenario:
I was working with one of my reading groups the other day. They had just finished a chapter book. I had them each come up with a discussion question to share with the rest of the children in the group. Book: Field Day From the Black Lagoon
Student's Question: How was the field day in the book different from our field day?
My random student raises his hand: (picture a very excited, wide-eyed little boy)
"Usually I look all around the world. I have a legendary life. I don't step in the same place twice because I am always looking around the world. That's just how I am."
?????????
When asked to clarify what he meant, thinking he didn't hear the question, he pretty much restated the above again.
Confused?
So were we.

No comments:
Post a Comment