Monday, February 15, 2010

This kid is HUGE!

I just got back from my high risk doctor and got some interesting news. And since I have all the time in the world, here I am blogging about it. :)

Well we started off by filling him in on the recent hospital trip and new meds I am on. He was a little surprised I was still on Terbutaline. He said to chat with my OB about it and see if I can stop it since everything else was looking ok. That would be wonderful since I am sick of taking it every 4 hours.

Next he did the u/s. Usually a nurse does it, but I guess they were short staffed so we had the doctor the whole time. He found the head, measured it and then said, "What are you 35 weeks?" I told him that I was 32 and asked him why. He then proceeded to tell us that Kiernan's head is VERY large. In fact it is in the 97th percentile or measuring 37 weeks.

As he measured the rest of the body, everything was measuring ahead. Last visit, 2 weeks ago, Kiernan overall was in the 83rd percentile. In 2 weeks, he has shot up to the 89th percentile, boderline 90th.

The doctor was very concerned because I had passed my gestational diabetes test, but is wondering if I may have gestational diabetes now. I now have to take the 1 hour glucose test again, bleh! He also said that Terbutaline can raise the blood sugar, so this may be another reason to stop the med. I was actually happy about that bit of news.

Sadly, there are no baby pictures to share. However there really wasn't much to see. He was pretty crowded in there.

I go back next week for another u/s and also to see my OB. That's when I will be taking that 1 hour glucose screening. I will keep you posted on any fun new updates, like the fact that I will be giving birth to the Jolly Green Giant or the BFG.

post signature

No comments: